Gallery hire now open for 2018 Exhibitions & summer open 2017
The Babylon Gallery, would like to invite submissions from artists and groups to exhibit in our gallery in 2018.
It's a unique and flexible space with bags of charm. We're ideally located just a few minutes walk from the centre of the City and the railway station with regular trains to Norwich and London (just over an hour away).
We are the second most visited attraction after Ely Cathedral with over 20,000 visitors a year. We’re fully licensed, with disabled access and plentiful free parking just around the corner. Normal opening hours are Tuesday – Sunday, 12pm – 4pm.
We welcome submissions for both solo exhibitions or group shows at our beautiful riverside contemporary art gallery. If you are an artist living or working in the region (and beyond), with a body of work you wish to exhibit, we want to hear from you!
The Babylon Gallery also works to support our local artists and artists’ communities through our annual Summer Open Exhibition which in 2017 will be themed ‘The Fens’.
We welcome applications from both established and emerging artists and groups. Please note that due to our resources we cannot take ‘on spec’ applications but need to have formal submissions accompanied with the information below.
Our summer open is a different selection process and open to all, details will be posted online the next few months.
Guide to Gallery Hire Charges 2017-18, there is also a commission rate which we can discuss with you. (please call us for more information).
Two week £525 + vat,
Three week exhibition: £650 +vat
Four week exhibition : £825 + vat
Private hire: You can also hire our beautiful creative space, ideal for any small scale events from training sessions, conferences, private parties & celebrations to film nights (digital kit available) and music gigs. See venue hire for more information
Your submission should include:
- A completed proposal form
- A copy of your CV with full contact details.
- An artist’s statement detailing your practice and the outline proposal for your exhibition so that we can understand what you are trying to achieve.
- Some images of the work you intend to display or of your previous work, so that we can get a feel for the quality of your work and how the exhibition may look.
- Any other relevant information you think we should consider such as whether you wish to offer your work for sale, or if you might need additional equipment or support.
Please type the words below to complete the anti-spam measure: