Time: 10am – 3.30pm
Venue: Babylon Gallery, Ely
Anthony Osler has been painting the seas, skies, boats and atmosphere of East Anglia professionally for many years and enjoys passing on his methods of working to others, both experienced and beginners.
This workshop is a combination of demonstration and application and consists of painting wet-into-wet skies and foreground scenes added when dry.
Participants will go away with a finished painting plus some new approaches to try in their own studios.
Please bring your own kit, including:
- Artists quality watercolours if possible
- Plus some top quality paper. Anthony will be using Arches 140lb NOT. Saunders 140lb NOT is very good too.
- A one inch hake will be essential
- A small tube of rose madder and paynes grey.
- A board to work on is essential.
- Otherwise we will improvise and make good use of your existing palette and equipment!
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day, but don’t forget your lunch and water in case it is hot!
The Society of East Anglian Watercolourists (SEAW) exhibition ‘WaterWays’ is at the Babylon Gallery from Thursday 1st September to Sunday 25th September 2022. The Gallery is open Tuesday to Sunday, 12pm to 4pm with free entry.