Relax with an evening of live music from all around the world, performed by a group of musicians who have performed all around the world.
The string players, flute player and harp player can’t wait to share their favourite music from 20th century France, and even play you a new piece of music by award-winning young composer James B Wilson, which was specially written for this event.
This evening’s concert is part of Music on your Doorstep, a day of live music, exploration and activities for adults and children of all ages, which includes the event Pushchair Playlist.
- Venue: The Maltings, Ship Lane, Ely CB7 4BB
- Date & Time: Friday 21 January at 7:30pm (doors open from 7pm)
- Tickets: £12.50* to include a free drink (glass of wine, beer or soft drink)
- Musicians: Britten Sinfonia
- Director/ Violin: Jacqueline Shave
- Programme to include:
- Ravel Introduction and Allegro
- Debussy Syrinx
- Debussy Danse Profane
- James B Wilson New work
- Jacqueline Shave Machair to Myrrh
- Philip Glass String Quartet No. 2, Company
*We love sharing the magic of live music and we want everyone in the community to feel able to join in if they want to. For some, money can be tight (especially after Christmas), or they are used to paying concession prices for things. Others might be in a position to pay a little more to help support the musicians and their local venue. So… we’ve got different ticket prices depending on everyone’s situation: it’s a bit like an honesty box. We won’t ask any questions or ask for any proof – just choose the price that suits you best.