Jobs / Internship / Creative Agent opportunities:
Projects & Events Officer
Market Place is seeking an individual to sit at the heart of the delivery of this complex and interesting project. You will have the confidence to organise your own workload, balancing day-to-day administration with a flair for communication and promotion. The Project and Events Officer role is a new post. This role will be at the heart of the Market Place team, delivering a strong and centralised administrative function, supporting the many and various events and initiatives by driving the delivery of marketing and communications activity and managing the flow of financial processing.
- Deliver marketing activity which promotes Market Place events to audiences, opportunities to artists and shares our stories with stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Manager through the processing of financial activity such as the setting up of Purchase Orders, the processes of invoices, and the banking of income
- Co-ordinate the distribution, collection and recording of evaluation information for all of the Market Place events
The post will be based in Ely with the potential to also ‘hot desk’ at the offices of our partner organisations. Part-time and job share is considered.
Please download the detailed job description below.
HOW TO APPLY
Electronic written applications for this post must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursday 15 December comprising:
- A CV which details previous roles and experience relevant to this position.
- A covering letter, no more than two sides of A4, clearly stating how previous experience is relevant to the work to be undertaken and that demonstrates how you are a strong candidate for this role.
- Contact details for two referees, at least one of which is for relevant previous employment.
Any questions regarding this position must be raised by 12 December 2016. Please contact Catherine Mummery at Babylon Arts 01353 611 591 or 07813 840151 and email at Catherine.Mummery@cppmarketplace.co.uk
DEADLINE: noon on Thursday 15 December 2016
Interviews will take place w/c 19 December, please advise of availability in your application.
Market Place is committed to promoting equal opportunities and encourages and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
One of our gallery sponsors Tindalls are looking for keen artists to demonstrate their skills in the Ely Shop 10am - 4pm on Saturdays. If you work in any of the following : watercolour, acrylic, oils, pastels, sketching, silk painting, glass painting, porcelain painting, manga painting. If you're interesetd please ask in store.
Get involved! If you are interested in helping out at ADeC we have regular volunteer opportunities including stewarding at Ely Cinema, Children’s Theatre, Concerts and Gallery Events as well as helping in the office with tasks such as photocopying and stuffing envelopes and helping out the box office. We develop and train our volunteers, offering new people the chance to ‘shadow’ more experienced volunteers. You will need to attend an informal interview before being accepted.
Volunteer Form available here
Work experience placements:
We have very limited opportunities for work experience placements, if you are interested an approach should be made through your school, college or university. Minimum age 16 years, we have no maximum age.