The Royal Opera House’s Create and Dance programme offers creative learning for primary and secondary schools across England, through classroom-based and digital activities.
The programme has been designed with teachers, maintaining strong curriculum links, to develop children’s
understanding of dance and to unlock their imagination and creativity.
With dedicated teacher training, classroom films and lesson plans, these resources will suit teachers’ needs and the needs of their students. Teachers need no previous dance knowledge to take part.
The programme offers:
- Practical training for KS1, KS2 and KS3 teachers across the country.
- Digital resources that are free to access via the ROH Learning Platform, giving teachers the option of two-lesson (Taster), five-lesson (Explorer) and ten-lesson (Immersive) schemes of work.
- Introductory films that inspire and entertain students, reinforcing the activities and concepts they encounter in the lessons.
- Access to the ROH Classroom – a platform on which teachers can share full-length ballet recordings with their students.
- Support to improve PE provision, covering four of the five key indicators of the PE and Sport Premium.
To find out more please click here. If you would like to find out more about our Create and Dance programme, email Create.Dance@roh.org.uk.
Disclaimer: All digital resources promoted through the Culture Catalogue are entirely the responsibility of the named provider. Babylon ARTS is not responsible for the information supplied by the providers and used on the Culture Catalogue. Babylon ARTS is not responsible for the quality or content of the digital resources and teachers and students should satisfy themselves as to the quality and appropriateness of the resource.